Monday, January 9, 2017

Hope No Longer Defferred

So when I opened this blog it was 2010 I thought I would be doing pottery by now, but that is no longer an intention I'm clinging to. I don't even hurt when I consider I may never seriously work in clay. Instead a new opportunity has been blossoming- the chance to develop my visual arts skills, particularly in the medium of Digital Painting, but possibly some other traditional media here and there too.

When I made the first post on this blog, I wanted to create a habit of drawing everyday. I did draw now and then, failing to document most of it. But what I wanted was exactly what I needed. What I didn't know then was how much work I had ahead of me to make room in my life for a daily art habit. I learned to better manage my home and I stripped away a lot of clutter in my work space and other hobbies absorbing my time and a lot of little things that distracted me. Although I spent a lot of time on blogs and podcasts about minimalism and home management and habit making/ goal setting, I don't think I could describe the exact transition. It was a shift of mind that allowed me to change my decision making.

A shift that was 7 years in the making, it seems.

As of today I have been daily drawing without fail for over 7 weeks! I want to show some of those images here and continue to update this blog as I take a year of a real journey in my art practice, this time not as some kind of fall back plan to a frustrated hope of making pottery, but as my primary skill interest.

I can do anything, but I can't do everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment