Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Characters Dear



These are all fairly quickly worked, 1-4 portraits with the whole set being done in 3 or 4 days each. I was working from resource but not copying identically, allowing myself to interpret a little and thinking about where i want to go to differentiate myself someday in terms of a style. I still don't have one. I think largely the problem is that I don't feel very line confident and that my visual library and muscle memory are limited so that when I don't know something very well i generalize that portion and it becomes "toony" I don't have a problem with a cartoon or semi realistic effect, i just want to do it on purpose instead of  out of a place of weakness.

Also, this was really great working with sets of faces from a couple favorite shows. They each have a variety of features and personalities. I would like doing more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment