Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Cons2020 Musical Scores vid



Although I usually am focused more on visual development, this was fascinating to listen to! I appreciated hearing each one of their own types of immersion in the genres personally, and about their favorite characters or themes that they've worked on. It's also really cool to see them each in their own studio environment, something you wouldn't have gotten on a panel typically.

Some more take-aways I appreciate in the arts in general coming from this vid:

~Get your panic out before you start the work. Once you've started, just be in it. Don't choke yourself with the stress about it. Being part of the process itself relieves anxiety.

~Experimenting is a great stage and a necessary one, and then you're more prepared for the final, tuned in work (in music scores: "Working to picture" matching it up with the film itself.)

~Sampling/ influences/ reference is part of the business. Making unanticipated connections or fresh mixes is itself something new and original.

~When you step back from the work and see it in it's final product, you might experience it apart from yourself as the creator, even to the point of not recognizing it as your own and giving it deserved appreciation as a work unto itself.

~Studio Artists of all types can experience performance anxiety. Some of us are not performers, just meant to create in our studios. But there is a "high" that comes from stage performance.

~Creating alone as a rule can leave a desire for collaborative art when you can get it.

~A dream project could be something that is such a challenge you don't know if you can even do it. It stretches you and forces exploration and growth.

"The thing that I want to do doesn't exist yet, but I really want it to happen. Like, I'm sorry that I can't tell you what it is."




No comments:

Post a Comment